Contact: Visitor Services Office (202) 707-8000
October 21, 2010
Library To Conduct Shelter-in-Place Drills
The Library of Congress will conduct shelter-in-place drills in all Library buildings on the dates and times indicated below:
- Ft Meade (Md.) Annex: Friday, October 15, 2-2:30 p.m.
- Packard Campus (Culpeper, Va.): Wednesday, October 27, 10:30-11:30 a.m.
- Madison Building (Capitol Hill): Monday, October 25: 10-11 a.m.
- Jefferson Building (Capitol Hill): Tuesday, November 2: 10-11 a.m.
- Adams Building (Capitol Hill): Tuesday, November 9: 10-11 a.m.
- Landover (Md.) Annex: Thursday, November 18: 10-11 a.m.
These drills will result in the complete closure of the specific building affected by the drill, and access to the affected buildings will be limited. All Library staff will participate in the drills. Visitors may choose to shelter with staff or depart the building once the drill begins.
It is anticipated that each drill will take approximately one hour. The building will be closed for entry and exit during this time. Researchers and visitors to any of the three Capitol Hill buildings during the drills may relocate to one of the other two buildings to continue their work or their visit. We apologize for any inconvenience.
# # #