Stars and Stripes
- The newspaper: Stars and Stripes; the national tribune.
[Oct 1877-Dec 1991, Mar 1992-Dec 1998] (as of 1/14).
Second set, 3585 [Oct 1877-1940] (as of 1/14). Noncirculating.
Available in the Newspaper and Current Periodical Reading Room,
Madison Building, Room LM-133.
- The periodicals:
- Stars and Stripes, European edition.
Publishers bound, D731.S72664 folio, Dec 1, 1946 - June,
1985 (Ft. Meade).
Microfilm 02278 (published in Pfungstadt, Germany) approx. 1985-2011. (as of 3-14)
Request these in the Main Reading Room, Jefferson Building.
Public (212-930-0830) also has European edition on microfilm.
- Pacific Stars and Stripes. MicRR 02274, incomplete, 1945-1998.
Available in the Main Reading Room, Jefferson Building.
- On December 8, 1999,
the "European" and Pacific editions (both published in Washington, DC) merged into simply; the Stars and Stripes. The Library has 2002-2005 paper issues in B34 (2008- in B33), available in the Newspaper and
Reading Room (as of 6/12)..
- The Electronic:
- American Memory Stars and Stripes, 1818-1919 (France)
- Ancestry. Library edition
- Stars and Stripes, Europe, Mediterranean, and North African Editions, 1942-1964
Stars and Stripes, Pacific Editions, 1945-1963
Stars and Stripes, WWI Edition, 1918-1919
- 1) Click on "Newspapers" under "Quick Links." 2) Click "Newspapers & Publications." 3) Along the right side of the page will be the option "Narrow by Category"--under that are two options, "Newspapers" and "Periodicals and Magazines." 4) Click on either--the titles that come up in both lists are the same and are apparently not noticed by Serials Solutions. 5) Under "Featured Data Collections" will be a radio button that says "View all in Card Catalog"--click on that. 6) All three of the Stars and Stripes options show up on the first of the three-pages listing of titles.
- Chronicling America Stars and Stripes; the national tribune, 1877-1917
- NewspaperArchive (on-site only. You must select the country.)
- Available on microfilm from Heritage Microfilm
- See also: The
Stars and Stripes Museum/Library Association
- The Bibliographies: