How much are my old newspapers/periodicals worth?
From the American Library Association pamphlet:
- "In general, libraries do not appraise books [or newspapers];
that is the business
- The [Antiquarian Booksellers' Association of America] ABAA membership
will give you a listing of booksellers...with their specialties
- ABAA's web page is at: http://abaa.org
- Some old magazine and comic books are valuable, especially if
in good condition...
Your local library may have issues of Hobbies
magazine, which includes informative
articles and lists of dealers..."
Companies who specialize in NEWSPAPERS:
- The Caren Archive, P.O. Box 185, Lincolndale, NY 10540.
- Timothy James Hughes,
Box 3636, Williamsport, PA 17701-8636.
Booksellers who specialize in PERIODICALS:
- C.A. Hood & Associates.
P.O. Box 917 Hillsborough, NH. 03244. (603) 886-1182.
- Western Hemisphere. P.O. Box 178, Stoughton, MA 02072. (781)
- Roy Young Booksellers. 564
Ashford Ave., Ardsley, NY 10502.
- We found these names at one time or other in the ABAA Membership Directory. You may
be able to find more current information at the Antiquarian Booksellers
Association of America web site, http://abaa.org