|| Members Login ||
|| Madison Council Activities ||
- April 9-10 - James Madison Council Spring Meeting in Washington, DC.
- May 1 - Poet Laureate Final Lecture. Poet Laureate Consultant in Poetry Natasha Trethewey will deliver her final lecture to close the spring literary season at the Library of Congress.
- May 21 - The Library of Congress Gershwin Prize for Popular Song. The celebration of an artist’s work whose career reflects lifetime achievement in promoting song as a vehicle of musical expression and cultural understanding. The styles in which these works are composed reflect myriad contemporary traditions like rock, jazz, country, pop, blues, folk, and gospel. This year’s recipient of the Gershwin Prize is Carole King.
- September 20 - National Book Festival Gala. Annual celebration featuring an author program and gala reception in the Thomas Jefferson Building.
- September 21-22 - National Book Festival. Two-day event on the National Mall celebrating books and reading that connects authors with citizens of all ages and interests.
- October 22-23 - James Madison Council Fall Meeting in Washington, DC.
- November 12 - Science Summit at the Library of Congress. In December 2012, the Library sponsored the International Summit of the Book, which focused on general literacy and launched the Library of Congress Literacy Awards Program. The Science Summit, the second in a series, will address the importance of greater literacy in science. In future years, the Library will present summits devoted to civic literacy, geographical literacy and musical literacy.
- June 2014 - Great Libraries of the World Tour of Berlin and Vienna.
More Event Information