- Congress.gov: The Legislative Process
- How Our Laws Are Made (U.S. Government Publishing Office, FDsys) H.Doc. 110-49, July 24, 2007 available in both text and PDF; with a web-friendly presentation via Congress.gov
- Enactment of a Law (Congress.gov) by Robert B. Dove Parliamentarian, United States Senate; February 1997; also available from the Senate
- Legislative Process Video Collection (Congress.gov) a series of nine videos which explain each of the common legislative stages, and that the process by which a bill becomes law is rarely predictable
- U.S. Senate: Legislation and Records (U.S. Senate) provides information about the Members of the Senate and its Committees as well as links to information on legislation and the legislative process.
- The Legislative Process (U.S. House of Representatives) provides access to the texts of proposed legislation introduced in the House during the present Congress as well as extensive information on the status of such bills.
- Congress.gov: Legislative Information
- Congressional Bills:
- Congressional Bills: Metadata (Congress.gov) 93rd Congress (1973-
- Congressional Bills: History of Bills (GPO FDsys) 98th Congress (1983 -
- Congressional Documents (GPO FDsys) Selections: 94th-101st, 103rd; 104th Congress (1995 -
- Congressional Hearings (GPO FDsys) Selective; 105th Congress (1997 -
- Congressional Prints (GPO FDsys) 105th Congress (1997 -
- Congressional Reports (GPO FDsys) 104th Congress (1995 -
- Congressional Calendars (GPO FDsys) 104th Congress (1995-
- Congressional Record (Congress.gov) 104th Congress, Vol. 141 (1995 -
- Congressional Record (Library of Congress, THOMAS) 101st Congress, Vol. 135 (1989 -
- Congressional Record (GPO FDsys) Daily Edition; 103rd Congress, 2nd Sess., Vol. 140 (1994 -
- Congressional Record (GPO FDsys) Bound Edition; 106th Congress, Vol. 145-107th Congress, Vol. 147 (1999-January 2002)
- Congressional Record Index (Congress.gov) 104th Congress, Vol. 141 (1995 -
- Congressional Record Index (GPO FDsys) 98th Congress, Vol. 129 (1983 -
- Congressional Record - Predecessors (Law Library/National Digital Library Program)
- Annals of Congress 1st Cong. -18th Cong., 1st sess. (Mar. 3, 1789-May 27, 1824)
- Register of Debates 18th Cong., 2d sess. -24th Cong., 2d sess. (Dec. 6, 1824-Mar. 3, 1837)
- Congressional Globe 23d Cong., 1st sess.- 42d Cong., 2d sess. (Dec. 2, 1833-Mar. 3, 1873)
- Congressional Record 43d Cong. (1873-1875)
- Cannon's Precedents of the House of Representatives (GPO FDsys) 1935-1941; 7 vols.
- Constitution, Jefferson's Manual and Rules of the House of Representatives (GPO FDsys) H.Doc. 112-161; 112th Cong., 2d Sess.
- Deschler's Precedents of the United States House of Representatives (GPO FDsys) H.Doc. 94-661; 94th Cong., 2d Sess.
- Hinds' Precedents of the House of Representatives (GPO FDsys) vols. 1-5 (1907-1908)
- House Practice: A Guide to the Rules, Precedents and Procedures of the House (GPO FDsys) January 5, 2011; 112th Cong., 1st Sess.
- Riddick's Senate Procedure (GPO FDsys) S.Doc. 101-28; 101st Cong., 2d Sess.; see also Riddick's Senate Procedure
- Senate Manual (GPO FDsys) 104th, 106th, 107th, 110th, 112th, and 113th Senate Manuals
- Active Legislation (U.S. Senate)
- Legislative Activities (U.S. House. Office of the Clerk)
- Legislation and Records Home (U.S. Senate)
- Browse Government Publications: Congressional Committee (GPO FDsys)
- Table of Congressional Volumes and Presidential Issuances: 1789-2015 (external link) (Law Librarians' Society of Washington, D.C.) in PDF
- USA.gov: Federal Legislative Branch (USA.gov)
- For U.S. Federal Laws, see Guide to Law Online: U.S. Code, Statutes at Large, and Public Laws
- For Federal Regulations and Code of Federal Regulations, see the Guide to Law Online: U.S. Executive Agencies and Regulations
Last Updated: 06/10/2015