- Cataloging Tools, Documentation
- Catalogs, Authority Records
- Classification and Shelflisting
- Cooperative Cataloging Programs
- General, Descriptive Cataloging
- Products for Purchase
- Professional Activities
- Publications, Reports
- Subject & Genre/Form Headings
Receive an e-mail when a new issue of the Library of Congress Cataloging Newsline is available.
The Library of Congress requests comments on its proposed draft revision of LCRI C.8 (Ordinal Numerals).
The rationale for the change proposed in this LCRI is to save time in cataloging and review/training by allowing catalogers to accept a wider variety of abbreviations (e.g., in vendor records and copy cataloging) as "correct." This change will not reduce intelligibility and will make our practice for original cataloging closer to what we accept in copy.
- Draft revision of LCRI C.8 (Ordinal Numerals)
(PDF- 2 p.; 45K)