Archived Training Examples for RDA at the Library of Congress
Resource Description and Access at the Library of Congress
Posted here are links to training examples relating to RDA at the Library of Congress. Some of these examples were prepared for the 2010 US RDA Test at the Library of Congress. They will be revised and updated during the preparation period.
The examples illustrate differences between AACR2 and RDA. Some examples have only a few fields; others are more complete. Some are made-up examples. Some examples illustrate more than one category but only appear in one category. RDA citations and other comments accompany some examples.
- RDA Authority Records (September 2010) [DOC, 123 KB]
- RDA Authority Records (August 2011) [PDF, 89 KB]
- Overview of Changes [DOC, 80 KB]
- Books [DOC, 82 KB]
- Language of Expression [DOC, 59 KB]
- Legal Works [DOC, 59 KB]
- Preferred title (including compilations) [DOC, 106 KB]
- Publication, distribution, and/or manufacture statement [DOC, 60 KB]
- Replacement of GMD and carrier description [DOC, 72 KB]
- Statement of Responsibility [DOC, 64 KB]