PCC Series: a subset of NACO
Preparing for Series Training
Please read Printing tips before printing and assembling training materials:
- Series Training Manual(updated Mar. 2007)( [326 pages; 1.87 MB])
- Appendices H-I of manual are made available only to series workshop coordinator(s) and/or trainer(s); they list all the answers. ([48 pages; 436 KB])
Series workshop evaluation forms
- Web interactive evaluation form
Series Training Materials for Trainers:
Required Documentation of the NACO Program:
- The Anglo-American Cataloging Rules (2nd rev. ed. & subsequent updates) Chapters 22-26 & appendices
- The MARC 21 Authority Format
- NACO Members receive subscription to the basic document.
- The Policy and Standards Division has made available a comprehensive version of the Descriptive Cataloging Manual (DCM) Z1 and the LC Guidelines Supplement to the MARC 21 Format for Authority Data. These documents are current as of August 1, 2009.
Note to NACO participants: DCM Z1 includes an appendix with instructions specific to Library of Congress staff that may be exluded when printing.
The Library of Congress Rule Interpretations (LCRIs) Chapters 22-26
- Chapter 22 (updated Oct. 09; [783 KB/85 p.])
- Chapter 23 (updated Oct. 09; [363 KB/27 p.])
- Chapter 24 (updated Oct. 09; [999 KB/123 p.])
- Chapter 25 (updated Oct. 09; [1,714 KB/186 p.])
- Chapter 26 (updated Oct. 09; [1,199 KB/107 p.])
- ALA-LC Romanization Tables in .pdf format (required only if contributing headings in non-Roman languages)