CONSER Standard Record (CSR)
The CONSER standard record was developed with the intention of meeting user needs. The standard emphasizes access points over extensive descriptive detail favoring instead controlled subject and name access points.
CONSER RDA Documentation
The CONSER RDA cataloging checklist and core elements document CONSER decisions reconciling AACR2 based CSR elements with RDA core elements for serials and serves as the primary source for CONSER RDA descriptive elements and practices.
AACR2/LCRI based CSR documentation
The mandatory data elements that make up the Metadata Application Profile (MAP) and instructions for providing these elements set the standard for the CONSER record and replace the previous full, core, and minimal record CONSER element lists.
- CONSER Standard Record MAP and instructions [PDF; 196KB] (July 22, 2010)
- LCRIs that support the CSR (July 22, 2010)
- CONSER Standard Record SCCTP Presentation [PPT; 482KB] (June 9, 2010)
- Cataloging exercise examples to accompany the SCCTP presentation (Word, 1.20MB) (June 6, 2007)
- Cataloger's Cheat Sheet for CONSER Standard Record (PDF, 26KB) (May 20, 2010)
- Project background documents(2006)
- Access Level Record for Serials: Final Report
(July 24, 2006)
- Report and Recommendations of the PCC Working Group On Authentication Codes And Encoding Levels for Serials and Integrating Resources (Sept. 2006) (PDF, 340KB)