PCC and the Library of Congress strongly encourage the PCC membership and the broader library community to become more knowledgeable and attuned to the development and rollout of BIBFRAME and how it fits within libraries and the larger linked data sphere.
This site contains documents of interest to PCC members as the BIBFRAME Model develops and integrates into the PCC community.
- Announcement: PCC and LC Support BIBFRAME as the Model to Help the Library Community Move into the Linked Data Environment (June 20, 2014)
- PCC BIBFRAME Survey Results (Word : 115 KB) (July 30, 2014)
- BIBFRAME Update Forum, June 2014 (Video: 78 minutes)
BIBFRAME is a major community challenge to provide an alternative to the deeply embedded MARC formats that will be more compatible with the Internet and linked data environment, and that offers new opportunities to leverage information. This update at the Annual Meeting of the American Library Association in Las Vegas, Nev., shares information on current developments as work continues on this significant effort.
- BIBFRAME: Why? What? Who? (Word : 628 KB) (May 1, 2014)
- BIBFRAME AV Modeling Study: Defining a Flexible Model for Description of Audiovisual Resources (PDF : 2.27 MB) (May 15, 2014)
- www.loc.gov/bibframe Library of Congress Bibliographic Framework Initiative Web Site
Last update: August 15, 2014