BIBCO participants contribute bibliographic records to international databases, meeting or exceeding the elements of the BIBCO Standard Record. BIBCO records include headings backed by complete authority work, both descriptive and subject.
Both AACR2 and RDA are accepted as BIBCO descriptive cataloging standards at this time. Many documents on the BIBCO web site reflect the use of AACR2 only. Documentation for RDA as a descriptive cataloging standard will be added in the future. Free training materials for RDA cataloging appear on the Cataloger’s Learning Workshop (CLW) web site. For more about RDA implementation, see the RDA section on the PCC web site.
BIBCO Documentation & Updates
- PCC RDA BIBCO Standard Record (BSR) Metadata Application Profile:
- BIBCO Participant's Manual (2014 revision) -- DRAFT for Review and Comment (Word, 586 KB)
- BIBCO Standard Record Metadata Application Profiles (MAPs) All RDA and AACR2 MAPS
- Combined Provider-Neutral E-Resource Guidelines for RDA (Word, 43 KB)
- All PCC Provider-Neutral Guidelines, including those for AACR2
- PCC Guidelines for Creating Bibliographic Records in Multiple Character sets (PDF, 576 KB)
- BIBCO and CONSER Statistics Procedures, Deadlines (Word, 95 KB)
Training resources on the application of BIBCO Standard Record elements tailored to meet your users' needs.
- PCC BIBCO RDA Online Training Plan (Word, 39 KB)
- BIBCO Standard Record Training Course Summary and Outline
Keep up with the latest BIBCO Program discussions and directions. Read BIBCO task group reports and project status reports for member comment: ALA, OpCo, PoCo, etc.
- FY09 BIBCO Annual Report (PDF, 156 KB)
- BIBCO Standard Record Task Group Final Reports July 16, 2010
- Read more BIBCO Reports
BIBCO Resources and Forms
Become a BIBCO partner and reveal your collections to the world in records created to BIBCO standards
Upcoming Meetings & Events
BIBCO Cataloging FAQ Topics
- BIBCO Cataloging
- Cataloging Electronic Resources
- Uniform Titles for BIBCO Libraries
- LC Classification for BIBCO