- Do not explicitly code for an initial subfield ($a) in any field.
- Supply a proposed number including cutter based on search of the LC online shelflist (cf. Browsing LC Shelflist ...)
- Supply the author's name as formulated in the 100 field of the authority record, include dates, qualifiers, etc.
- Supply the appropriate subfield code preceded by a dollar sign ($) for dates, qualifiers, etc.
- Use the diacritics table to cut and paste the diacritic (or spell out) preceding the affected letter (example: Brisce(tilde)no Calder(acute)on, Mar(acute)ia).
- To create a delimiter, type in the dollar sign $.
- Note: After number has been approved, input number into 053 field in NAR, set 2nd indicator value to "0" (zero).
- Do not use this form for complex numbers, problems, to report errors or for queries. Direct these to the NACO contac/liaison at your institution or in the Coop Team.
Required fields are indicated with an * asterisk.