The Program for Cooperative Cataloging (PCC) is one of two cooperative cataloging ventures. The PCC is an international cooperative effort aimed at expanding access to library collections by providing useful, timely, and cost-effective cataloging that meets mutually-accepted standards of libraries around the world.
Read more about the PCC
PCC programs include:
Monographic Bibliographic Record Cooperative Program (BIBCO)
Members contribute high quality bibliographic records that conform to approved standards.
Cooperative Online Serials Program (CONSER)
Members create high quality bibliographic records for serials and integrating resources that conform to approved standards.
Name Authority Cooperative Program (NACO)
Members input authority records for personal, corporate, and jurisdictional names; uniform titles; and series headings to the LC/NACO Authority File.
Subject Authority Cooperative Program (SACO)
Members propose LCSH subject headings and LCC classification numbers to the Library of Congress.
What's New, Decisions, Policies and Guidelines
- RDA Authorities Phase 3 Task Group (Word, 42 KB)
- Guidelines on Using Relationship Designators in NACO Authority Records [Word: 189 KB]
- Undifferentiated Personal Name Authority Records: New PCC policy to be incorporated into DCM Z1 [PDF: 67 KB]
- Cataloging Questions / NAR Deletion Requests (Word: 28 KB)
RDA and PCC
- PCC relationship designator proposal form
- Announcement: Final date for BIBCO and CONSER AACR2 bibliographic records: December 31, 2014
- Post RDA Implementation Guidelines and Standards: PCC authority and bibliographic guidelines for RDA
- RDA and PCC Resources links to implementation information, presentations and more.
- Task Groups
- In support of its mission and goals, the Program for Cooperative Cataloging conducts specialized training and mentoring for participants and non-members in a freely-available online format, as well as in conjunction with professional meetings and conferences. The Cataloger's Learning Workshop (CLW) page is the PCC's training portal. It includes a wealth of training materials in all formats for all members of the library community.
- Links to PCC RDA training material on the CLW site and links to LC supplemental RDA training material are available from: RDA Training
Top Resources and Forms
- SACO proposals
- BIBCO Standard Record (BSR)
- NACO guidelines for BFM
- CONSER Standard Record documentation
- PCC Training Events Evaluation Form
Join the PCC
PCC members participate in programs that shape the future of cataloging and reduce the costs of cataloging for everyone.
Read more about joining the PCC
Upcoming Meetings and Events
05/8-9/2014: PCC Operations Committee Meeting, Library of Congress, Washington, DC Agenda (Word 62KB)
Locate essential PCC reports and meeting summaries
- PCC Update ALA Midwinter 2014 (PDF, 80 KB)
- PCC Policy Committee Meeting November 2013 Outcomes (Word, 45 KB)
- PCC Operations Joint Meeting 2013 Outcomes (Word, 67 KB)
- PCC RDA Task Groups
PCC Organization & Governance
The Program for Cooperative Cataloging seeks to be a democratic and diverse organization whose mission and goals are determined by its membership. Members govern the programs through participation in program events, standing committees, and task groups.
PCC members keep up online with the latest program information on training, standards, and policies